Friday, July 08, 2005

The Details

Alexis here. Okay, gang, I know you're dying for details so here goes....
The hotel was the Renaissance in downtown Pittsburgh. The top floor with the enormous veranda -- absolutely gorgeous. It was Sunday morning and we were just kickin' it over coffee that Todd made (after flooding the coffee maker by forgetting to put the lid to the pot on - oops!). Of course one pot is never enough, so Todd went in to make another pot. And to get a little box. After a few minutes of pacing inside, he came out with a perfectly brewed pot of Seattle's Best and poured a mug. Then he puts his arm around me, and says "Isn't it beautiful up here? Let's celebrate today. Do you want to celebrate?" [little kiss] I say "yes." He says, "Do you want to celebrate all week?" [a little bigger kiss] I say "yes." He says, "Do you want to celebrate all month with me?" Naturally, I say "yes!" He says, "Do you want to celebrate the rest of your life with me?" Then he pulls back a little as I am lifting my head for the next kiss and he pulls a ring box out of his pocket. Dumbed by diamonds (round brilliants), I say "Aaaaaah! What are you doing? Uh, yes!" [big kiss!!!]
So there you go. The ring is b-lingy and mine. No worries girls, because I really do love it! He didn't propose to me in a restaurant, which would have been a bit cliche and cheesy for a chef. And he did it at the moment I least expected.
After the ecstatic phone calls to Mom and Dad (who were in Church when the phone rang!) and to Laz and Court (when I was jumping up and down on the bed) and to Metes and Tif (who scared us to death the next day), I realized that Todd did not get down on one knee! So I called a do-over, but then he got down on both, so I just gave up on that idea and was glad he proposed period. (Todd's note: At that point, I would have stood on my head but it was spinning too much from the moment.)

No comments: